The KCA aims to advocate and promote various socio-cultural, religious and traditional values of Kerala community integrating into the western Australian community in general and Kerala community in particular by implementing its following objectives.
1. Provide a platform to promote and develop social, cultural, educational, and religious values and traditions of Kerala community through involvement and activities of its members.
2. Act as a link and liaise between various other Australian local communities and Kerala community to develop a socio-cultural relationship through sports, arts,leisure, cultural, religious and social activities.
3. Provide and promote awareness of Kerala cultural, social, religious and traditional heritage and values among the younger generations of the Kerala community in particular and among the Australian multi-cultural community in general.
4. Undertake, organize and/or conduct innovative projects, programs and activities towards the welfare, educational, economic, social, cultural, sports and arts advancement of Kerala community in Western Australia;
5. Encourage and support curricular and extracurricular activities and talents among its members by giving award, prizes, grants and/or scholarships
6. Work in partnership with local, state, and/or national government and non- government agencies and voluntary organisations for promoting the welfare and well being of the Kerala community in western Australia.
7. Act as a contact point for all Kerala residents, new migrants, students and visitors to make their arrivals and lives in western Australia as smooth as possible by support them with social, family, educational needs;
8. Encourage and promote the welfare and well being of the youths of the Kerala community by giving them training/coaching, and other opportunities to participate in various sports, arts, cultural, social and religious activities and practices of their interests.
9. Support, assist or provide all possible physical, psychological, social, educational, economic and/or religious means and facilities for the needy, aged, destitute, poor or helpless persons in the Kerala community
10. Organize and conduct social, cultural, educational and religious functions, projects and programs reflecting Kerala culture and traditions such as; Onam, Vishu, Easter, Christmas, Keralolsavam and such other activities decided by the association from time to time, so as to preserve and promote Kerala culture and traditions in western Australia.
11. Promote and provide opportunities to develop and improve the quality, efficiency, interests and talents of all its members by participating or involved in sports, arts, dancing, singing, or any other similar activities that the association shall organize under various occasions.
12. Provide a forum for the Kerala community residing in Western Australia to interact, understand and exchange various views, values skills and knowledge, so as to foster their friendship, goodwill, moral, social, educational and religious spirits and cultural heritage within the family and in the local community