Hobart Malayali Association (HMA) is a Tasmanian registered community organisation. It is a voluntary organisation committed to the growth and togetherness of it’s members, as well as mentor and support new Malayali families and students while they settle in the Apple Isle.
Hobart Malayali Association is a non-profit community and cultural organisation. HMA provides a platform for the Tasmanian Malayali community to showcase its rich and vibrant culture.
- To share and preserve Malayalam as a language and to relish its execution in various form of art and culture.
- To preserve the deep-rooted and rich culture of Kerala including its tradition, delectable cuisine, art and literature and thereby help Malayali community in Hobart to attain “Cultural sustainability”.
- To share this splendor with the wider community of Hobart, thereby promote cross-cultural understanding and mutual respect.
- To create and maintain an inclusive multicultural environment by fostering active participation from the wider Tasmanian community.
- To maintain a collaborative relationship with a range of community groups and partners to facilitate integration, understanding and acceptance of Australian culture, cultural diversity and multiculturalism.
- To maintain a collaborative relationship with a range of community groups and partners to facilitate promotion of Indian culture and traditions.
- To actively assist and contribute to the development of Tasmania in general and Hobart specifically through cultural and creative activities.